TAD: October 16
- Got an amazing (and amazingly inappropriate) postcard from my big sister
- Babysat for a new family- so great! The little 5-year-old boy told me “Usually I’m shy around babysitters. But I’m not shy around you.” I’m genuinely enjoying my babysitting gigs!
- Launched my new website for my little business venture
- Had a great 2.5 hour walk with a friend. We walked up 16th St to U St and ate a late lunch at a little place called Chix. I highly recommend it!
On a different note: so far this glorious autumn season, I have made or helped a friend make (okay, to be honest, that consisted of me licking the bowl, not actually helping!) the following pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin scones: Delicious warmed up with butter. Slightly strange before-taste because I put too much baking soda- whoops! Lesson learned
- Pumpkin spice coffee: Eh, not very successful. I think I’ll stick to my pumpkin spice coffee at Starbucks, my daily treat
- Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing: My friend made these- heavenly! Even better with a candy corn on top.
- Pumpkin whoopie pies: Amazing! These are the ones I gave to my executive board, my neighbor, and my boss. Hopefully their delight was genuine.
So next of the agenda: Pumpkin pancakes! I wanted to make pumpkin-banana pancakes, but unfortunately, TJ’s doesn’t have ripe bananas.
On a separate note, found this blog from Jordan Reid: Ramshackle Glam. It seems like she has a very fun and healthy approach to life, which she refers to as a “haphazard guide to happiness.” In her words:“Well, it’s not a “guide” as much as it is an encapsulation of my (ever-so-slightly disastrous, but generally pretty positive) approach to life. I think that there’s an unbelievable amount of negativity out there in the world – and especially on the internet – and that fear of being judged impacts people’s ability to embrace what they truly enjoy. The point of this site is to encourage you to shut out all that noise and do what makes you feel good.”