- Reach 400 Forum members-In progress
- Finish Army 10 Miler– Uh, didn’t exactly accomplish this. Sold my bib the day before.
- Run 3x a week– Doing pretty well! It’s been more like 2x a week, but I’m working on it
- Build strong relationships with my Compass mentees– Making headway!
- Eat dinner at home 4.5x a week (yes, that’s 4.5)– DEFINITELY accomplished this. I very rarely go out to dinner now- in fact, I feel guilty when I do!
- Go on at least one hike– Postponed to November
- Apply to fellowship in India– Finished part one!
- Sell 75 DaretoAsk books (you can help me by going to the link and purchasing a book- it’s an amazing handbook that provides women with the skills and confidence to negotiate in various settings)– Nope
- Do 4 things from the Washington Post Going Out Guide– Nope
- Begin a babysitting job– DONE!
- Bake 4 times- Definitely DONE!
- Buy new fall clothing- Done (mostly)
- Meditate 5 mins a day– Nope
- Check Facebook only once a day– Nope
- Check two things off the 100 Things List– Yes! Baked for a neighbor and arranged a coffee date with someone new
- Host a Goals Night with friends- Postponed
- Go out to bars and don’t drink anything– Didn’t really go out much!
- Have a spa night (alone or with friends)– Nope
- Finish decorating my apartment- Done!
- Begin beta testing my business concept- My intention was to beta test my portfolio idea, but now I’m launching a different business. So I would consider this done 🙂
- Enter Pitch George elevator pitch competition- Done!
- Try 6 new recipes– Done!
- Read the newspaper 2x a week– Nope
- Build my inspiration board– Done!
- Host a wine tasting– In progress
- Keep a budget– Did for part of the month
- Reach 250 Twitter followers (silly I know!)- Done!
- Reach 45 followers on WomenDaretoAsk Twitter- Done!
So overall, there were quite a few things I didn’t accomplish, but I also made some significant headway on a lot of my goals.
I also had an epiphany: I’m the kind of person who will accomplish a lot, whether or not I have set goals for myself. In fact, I think I need to focus more on doing less– for example, if I focus less on professional accomplishments, I can focus more energy on personal endeavors, like meditating 5 minutes a day. Which leads me to November’s goals:
1) Have fun & chill
Yes, I have several things I need to do- like finish my India fellowship application- but I want this month to be more about enjoying things for the sake of enjoying them- not just checking them off a list.
So here’s to No Goals November 🙂