Here’s yet another recipe you can make with the 7 vegetables I mentioned before (red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, onions, garlic, zucchini, yellow squash).
Rainbow Veggie Chili
I love using this recipe as a base.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and onion. Cook 5 minutes, just until tender.
- Mix tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste, black beans, corn, and chili beans in spicy sauce into the pot. Season with chili powder, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
The last time I made this recipe, I added sweet potatoes, which were a great addition.