Since I’m leaving for Israel soon (WOOHOO!), I decided to whip up carrot ginger soup (courtesy of Real Simple) to use up the carrots in my fridge. As a side note, a girl who regularly orders from GW Bites said that it was her favorite dish so far.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds [approx. 11-12 medium-sized] carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or approx. 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, broth, ginger, the salt, and the pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Optional: top with sour cream + dill