I recently bought a beefsteak tomato at Trader Joe’s because they didn’t have cherry tomatoes in stock (so sad!).
I ad-libbed a baked stuffed tomato with the ingredients in my fridge.
- One large tomato
- Two scoops of ricotta
- Two basil leaves, chopped
- A small slice of jalapeno, chopped finely
- A dash of oregano
- A small spoonful of tomato paste
- A dash of herb feta
- A slice of baguette, cut or ripped into small crumbs
- A dash of salt and pepper
- A sprinkling of mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Cut top off tomato and hollow out. Combine all ingredients (except mozzarella) in a small bowl; mix well; and scoop into tomato. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Bake on a cookie sheet for 18ish minutes.