Tofu is just about the easiest dish to whip up and it’s incredibly versatile.
A carton of extra-firm tofu costs abut $1.50 and makes 3-4 servings (that’s just $.50 for an almost complete meal!)
Here are a few ideas for mixing it up:
- Marinate with my favorite combo-soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, and rice vinegar. Saute with zucchini, onion, and peppers and sprinkle with feta
- Marinate in balsamic vinegar, which turns into a crispy glaze when sauteed
- Toss with Trader Joe’s masala sauce for an Indian feel or Island Soyaki sauce for a Hawaiian feel
- Throw on top of Trader Joe’s Harvest Blend for a hearty meal
- Marinate with Italian seasoning [marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, basil] and tomato sauce for an Italian spin (duh!)
- Cut into strips and saute with homemade fajita seasoning [chili powder, salt, paprika, crushed chicken bouillon cube, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin]. Layer on top of a warmed tortilla with melted cheese for a Mexican meal.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and bake
- Saute with Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, coat with ranch dressing, and eat as a spicy “chicken” wrap