Someone wise recently told me that research finds that it takes 10 years to become an expert at something. And new studies show that we can live to be about 90. And most people want to try 6-7 careers in their lifetime. Which means we can do it all.
would will might I do?
- Life coach: empower individuals to be happy and fulfilled in all areas of their lives, from fitness to career. Which leads me to…
- Career counselor: From writing resumes and cover letters to compiling a career portfolio to dressing properly for interviews, self-confidence is an essential trait. I want to empower individuals to feel as confident as I do while job searching because they know that they are equipped with the necessary tools.
- Business development consultant: My sister and I always speak of how empowering it is to start a business. I would love to share this feeling with other individuals (particularly women). Best of all, I could contribute to the creation and growth of a company (my strength) without having to sustain it (not as much my strength)!
- Professional blogger: Get paid to write down my random musings? Yes please!
- Motivational speaker: Get paid to speak about my random musings? Yes please!
- Women’s entrepreneurship professor: My two entrepreneurship classes were- at the risk of sounding trite- life-changing. A class of just women creates an inspiring, comfortable atmosphere that can be hugely beneficial in sparking creative, innovative ideas.
- Editor-in-chief of a home magazine: Working at Martha Stewart Living or Better Homes and Gardens would be absolutely incredible. I’ve shared my philosophy on comfortable, welcoming homes and I’m obviously very interested in creating healthy, fresh recipes. Do I sound like a 50s housewife when I say “A happy home makes a happy life”? Well, I believe it 🙂
The most visible common thread here? Empowering others, especially women.