I heard on the radio this morning that today is Do Something Nice Day. While I always try to be nice (as I hope you do!), it’s nice to have a reminder every once in awhile to step outside of ourselves and make a conscious effort to improve someone else’s day.
Some ideas I have (some of which I found here):
- Pay for the person behind me in line at the coffee shop
- Bring baked goods in for the construction workers downstairs
- Treat our coworkers to Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
- Offer a few free hours of babysitting
- Tell a friend how they’ve inspired me
The last point brings me to an email I received recently from a friend.
someone asked him how they could inspire others, and the speaker said
that to inspire others, you must allow others to inspire you. that
reminded me of your blog post “entrenched in the field.” you were
saying that that you are inspired by [your friends] but i don’t know if you realize that you are one of the people who
inspire me the most, not only because you are going out there and
actively making your goals a reality, but also just because of your
attitude and how you look at the world.”