After a splendid last week and a marvelous weekend, I’m ready to take on Monday!
- Lunch with two girls from Compass Partners. It was really interesting to be sitting in a snazzy conference room with two other girls my age discussing collaboration for our businesses and organizations. I love seeing other young individuals so involved!
- Several meetings with individuals reserving The Raleigh Forum for events (including one woman who saw our flyer, walked over, and signed a contract!)
- The Mayoral forum, where I gained a better sense of each candidate’s platform. We also met them in person after the event, which solidified my opinions
- Welcoming new members to The Raleigh Forum
- A hectic and awesome Friday- the kind where you almost wish it wasn’t the weekend because you have so much to do!
- Friday@5 happy hour at Flying Saucer
- A fashion show at Spy Raleigh
- Volunteering at the Autism Society of NC’s annual walk/run, followed by bagels and mimosas at The Raleigh Forum. I met a lot of cool people!
- Mid-day napping!
- A random Saturday with a friend, which included going to the park with the dogs to watch a volleyball tournament (may or may not have packed a few beers), Chinese food, and lots of time outside
- My first time at Mirage (can’t wait to go back and use my LivingSocial deal!)
- SPCA event at Seaboard Station- dogs everywhere!
- Draft house for dinner and drinks
- A long phone call with one of my best friends
- Butternut squash chili, gluten-free pumpkin pancakes, and several varieties of homemade gluten-free granola bars
My week was intense, which I find much more enthralling then a slow, monotonous week. And the weekend was a perfect balance of activity and relaxation- the kind where you feel chill but not guilty for being lazy.
The week to come:
- Tennis with a new partner
- Hopefully tennis with my usual partner- are you reading this, Harry?
- Shabbat dinner at my place
- Visit from an out-of-town friend, which will include a football game, a trip to the state fair, and LOTS of Taboo!
- Lunch at Manta, the new downtown Indian restaurant
- Welcoming visitors to The Raleigh Forum!
- Signing those Raleigh Forum contracts 🙂