I posted this recipe awhile back during my 7 Vegetables, 11 Recipes blog series, but I wanted to bring it back to light since it is on my personal menu for the week!
Rainbow Veggie Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno, sweet potato, garlic, and onion. Cook 5 minutes, just until tender.
- Mix tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste, corn, and beans, and water into the pot. Season with chili powder, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about an 1 hour or until sweet potato are soft, stirring occasionally.