I know no one wants to listen to someone complain ad nauseum, so I figured I’d start this post off on a positive note. We always hear tons of negative associations with Mondays- like the Office Space classic: “Sounds like you’ve got a case of the Mondays.” Or the song “Monday Monday” by the Mamas and the Papas, which features the lyrics “Whenever Monday comes…You can find me cryin’ all of the time.” And here’s a macabre fact: Monday is the most popular day to commit suicide in the Netherlands.
Wow, sorry. I promise this is going somewhere less macabre. My point is that I don’t dislike Mondays. I wake up energized, grab breakfast from my fridge full of delicious food, brew a mug of steaming coffee, possibly go to the gym, and am ready to start my week of productivity, camaraderie, self-improvement- in short, I’m ready to #lovelife.
But then there’s Wednesdays. Over the past few months, Wednesdays and I have been on rocky terms. But it was only recently that I realized we share an unequivocal mutual hatred for each other.
- The excitement of beginning the week with a bang that I feel on Monday and Tuesday is no longer present.
- The excitement of ending the week with a bang that I feel on Thursday and Friday isn’t yet present.
- I seem to always wake up late and irritable.
- Based on my completely unscientific and very biased study sample, other people seem to be moody too, which leads to increased interpersonal tension on Wednesdays.
- I swear the weather gods hate Wednesdays too, which explains why the weather is always crappy.
Now, don’t get me wrong. We’ve had some fun times. But I think we
should have to do better!
I started making positive progress last night: we hosted a happy hour for The Raleigh Forum to celebrate our six month anniversary and our move back to our permanent space, so it was nice to see both familiar and new faces outside of the office! Then I babysat for two cute little boys, which was fun. The 30 minute drive there and back was such a good time to roll down the windows, blast the radio, and relax.
What is your favorite day of the week? Any that you don’t like? How do you get over the hump on Hump Day?