Here’s another revived “daring pairing” that matches a home decor style with a coordinating recipe. Here’s to living in harmony!
Though St. Patrick’s Day has passed, the color green is here to stay for at least 6 or 7 more months. For me, green represents many things:
Springtime. Fresh cut grass. Mint. Healthy smoothies.
Peppermint Patty Green Monster [via Oh She Glows]
- 1-1.5 large frozen banana (peel before freezing)
- 1-1.25 cup non-dairy milk (almond, soy, hemp, rice, etc)
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, stems removed
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
- 1/8-1/4 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate, for garnish
Add in all of the ingredients except the chocolate into a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust to taste and serve with a garnish of chopped dark chocolate and mint leaves. Enjoy with a spoon. Serves 1.